Do you think piano or violin is harder?

Some people say piano and harp are the hardest instruments and some say violin is harder than piano

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I play the piano but it seems like the violin would be a more difficult instrument to master

• 9 years ago

I know for a fact tht playing the violin is harder then playing the piano. The piano has keys dynamics done.

However, the violin requires using a bow on the strings at a certain degree with a certain amount of pressure. If not, it'll end with a big hawking mess.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Violin

Source(s): player of both
  • bka
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

this isnt really a thing that can be measured... if an instrument is "easier" to play, people just make harder music for it until everything ends up equally hard.

for making a predictable sound.. piano is easier. because violin takes two hands to play one note, and intonation is actively controlled...

but then piano parts have like four times as many notes as violin parts.

as far as the first definition, just being hard to play the instrument itself... then french horn is harder than either, but french horns arent usually expected to play fugues by themselves like violins and pianos are.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

depends what kind of instrument u start on. I find strumming a string cleanly on a violin very difficult as opposed to hitting the keys. Ive been playing around on the keys since i was a little kid without any lessons. Its easy to sound it out what u want to play because it just goes right to left high to low. Violin the notes repeat themselves on each string so it is harder.

• 9 years ago

I play both violin and piano.

I'd say the violin is more difficult. It often takes many years of practice before you begin to produce a beautiful sound, and there's so much more technical stuff you need to know. Position, articulation, bowing, intonation. Etc.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Violin. Much harder. Both are a lot of fun.

• 5 years ago

I am both an online piano teacher and an offline piano teacher. After teaching extensively both ways, I can honestly tell you that I see many more advantages with learning online. Learn here https://tr.im/LearnPiano

Keep in mind that, while surprising, those words only hold true with an online program that has every component it needs to provide you with the potential benefits.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.