Is it possible to get pregnant if you have sex before you miss birth control pills?

I know that if a woman weren't taking birth control pills, she could have unprotected sex days before she ovulates and the sperm would fertilize the egg when she did. So what if a woman had unprotected sex (days or a day) before she accidently missed some pills. I know its possible to ovulate around the time you miss certain pills. Will sperm act in the same way it would if she wasnt on BCPs or does pregnancy only have a chance of happening if the sex is had after the missed pills?

Update:

@ lisa.. Thats not my question at all

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes it's possible. Since birth control normally stops you from ovulating missing a pill can trigger you to ovulate. It's the drop in estrogen that makes you ovulate so it would be the same as not being on the pill and having unprotected sex before ovulating. Try not to stress too much each cycle you only have a 1 in 6 chance of conceiving anyway.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If a woman is on birth control pills she does not ovulate. There is no egg released.

If she misses too many pills her body releases an egg. That is why pills are only affective with proper use.

• 4 years ago

you will get pregnant whether you on no account omit a pill and use condoms. the only way which you would be able to tell is that in case you permit out your era.. then you relatively've an 'OH CRAP' 2d. i would not difficulty approximately it this time, except you in basic terms prefer to circulate positioned funds right into a attempt(that's amazingly in charge and that i below no circumstances condemn it). in basic terms attempt to be slightly extra careful next time.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.