Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 years ago

Is it ok to reward myself with a guilty food after one week of exercise?

I am doing a meat, vegetable, and fruit diet...and at the end of the week I want to reward my taste buds with a snack of my choice. Is that ok?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Jade
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely! Just don't let it put you over your recommended calorie intake. But yes, this is a very good way to do things. If you don't give yourself small treats once in a while you risk binging on the things you crave and literally ruining your whole diet. Trust me, it can happen. So yes, you deserve a treat after a good week, it'll keep you happy, and sane. :)

• Blargh
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Not only is it okay, its recomennded. Having one splurge item a week helps keep cravings at bay. I personally have one slice of pie a week - and I've lost 51 pounds so far. Reward yourself if you have a good week, dont reward yourself if you have a bad week.

• 9 years ago

Sounds to me like your diet is satisfying enough. If you were doing a week of salads ,maybe a snack like yogurt or low calorie crackers and cheeze.

• ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

As long as you don't overdo it, that's fine. There's no need to deprive yourself just because you're trying to be healthier. If you keep the portion reasonable, there's no reason not to have a treat every now and then.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Nope. Cheating on diets are the worst. They ruin everything. Well.. not ruin.. but it's probably not good when you're on a diet.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

does it not seem like a waste of all that effort if you're gonna eat stupid things afterwards?

• 9 years ago

yes just make sure its something small, just dont over do it. :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.