Meg
Meg asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Can someone reccomend me a great movie( Best answer)?

I want something that after you watched it, made you want to talk about it. ( : You know what I'm talking about...

And it can be any genre. I just feel like watching a good movie. I am not really into romantic comedies...If you are going to give me romance...Give me something like " The Town."

I am more of a Fight club, Pulp fiction type of girl though.

Thanks! I will give best answer to whatever movie I decide to watch ( :

Favorite Answer

Hmm...

-V for Vendetta(rebelling against the government in style type of deal.I fell in love.)

-Coraline(for kids, supposedly, but creepy and really great.)

-Batman Begins/The Dark Knight(action-packed, engaging plot, no plot-holes, good characters, realistic, famous for a reason)

-Sweeney Todd(not scary, but really dark, amazing, and a Tim Burton classic.)

-Edward Scissorhands(has romance but doesn't completely revolve around it. I don't like romance or romance comedies either, but this is one of the few exceptions. Beautiful and another Tim Burton classic.)

-Forrest Gump(a movie for everyone. 8 Oscars I believe.)

-The Lord of the Rings trilogy(action-packed, engaging plot, amazing characters and fantasy. Brings you back your childhood....I recommend watching it when it's raining, though. A good kind of raining when you want to curl up in bed and eat soup. Don't know why, but makes watching it so much better...)

-Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra(these aren't movies but if you watch the episodes back to back, I guess it works as one. Both AMAZING shows, animated, action-packed, good plot, all the good stuff and then some. I don't know about "Makes you think," but it's just really exciting.)

-Taken(Again, action-packed, good plot, a bit dark, but amazing. It made ME think about my safety...)

-Inception(very original plot line. A bit over-rated among the crowd, but worth watching.)

Some other make-you thinkers:

-Black Swan

-Children of Men

-12 Monkeys

Good luck :-)

These movies, more than any others, made me want to spend the rest of the evening discussing the movie or what the movie addressed:

The Mission

Schindler's List

Platoon

Mississippi Burning

The Diary of Anne Frank

Breaker Morant

In Cold Blood

Cabaret

A Man For All Seasons

Philadelphia

• J

Movies I recommended to this day, because they still make me think about them. Great movies!

Fallen

Smokin Aces

The Hills Have Eyes

The Departed

House of 1000 Corpses

The Devil's Rejects

Reservoir Dogs (Quentin Tarantino)

If you like Pulp Fiction and Fight Club, then you will probably like

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

Snatch

Trainspotting

Layercake

A few old favourites of mine, from the thought-provoking to the downright weird:

The Machinist

Dark City

Ripley's Game

eXistenZ

A Beautiful Mind

fight club esque movies:

the network

american psycho

the matrix (only first part)

V for vendetta

romantic comedies and romance:

lucky number slevin

the graduate

500 days of summer

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

once

annie hall

The Usual Suspects - drama

Amelie -foreign modern

Seven Samurai - foreign classic

Up-Feel Good

Initial D - Anime (series)

OngBak - Action

For comedy I recommend Monty Python, you're able to desire to get the Holy Grail or existence of Brian or meaning of existence. I additionally recommend Tombstone, The Matrix Trilogy, The final Samurai, Juno, Superbad, Saving inner maximum Ryan. For television I recommend getting the ER sequence.

• The Lion King <3

Inception.

or

Death warrent.

Thirteen.... Must watch