I owe about $250,000 in school loans, and I don't make near enough to pay it. Is there anything I can do?

It's mostly from school loans. I can barely pay the interest only. Is there any help out there?

3 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    Filing for bankruptcy might not work at all. There are some options for you, which was listed on the Federal Loans Websites.

    Loan Forgiveness: One is if you are a teacher, the other one is if you are working for the Federal or doing public works. For more information: http://www.finaid.org/loans/forgiveness.phtml

    Another is: Income-based Program.

    For more information: http://www.aessuccess.org/manage/repaying_your_loa... & http://www.aessuccess.org/manage/repaying_your_loa...

    It depends on the types of loans you have.

  • 9 years ago

    What is your degree in?

    It appears you did not check on the average pay for the degree before you spent the money, but you now know the income you will get for your degree. You can call the creditors and ask for the loan to be extended over a longer term. In the long run you will pay more interest but the payments will be smaller.

    Source(s): WHiskey
  • Lee H
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

    dammmm dude what place did u go to

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.