Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 9 years ago

So conflicted and confused, i don't know what to do... boy problems?

Alright, so I know this is really lame for me to be asking this on yahoo answers but I have no one else I can talk to about stuff like this really...

I'm 16, going into 11th grade this August. My boyfriend is... I'm not sure, we've been having problems. We've been dating since 2009 consistently, but we've always been more like really close friends than actually dating. I haven't been with him outside of school since February, mainly because he's a completely different person than he was or has been. He's become completely obsessed with Starcraft II and PC gaming. All he does is try to talk to me about these ridiculous games, using this ridiculous terminology that I don't understand, or frankly give half a **** about. We've been drifting apart ever since last October, when I met my current best friend, Jon. Really, we're more than best friends. I slept over his house once in November when my mom didn't want to leave me home by myself because my asthma was really bad and she had to bring my brother to Pennsylvania. It was the first time I really hung out with him, and we bonded instantly. Honestly, it was Skyrim that brought us together. We ended up playing for 9 hours, until 3 in the morning, sharing laughs and stories along the way. Since then, we've been inseparable. He lives two towns away from me, which is what led to one of my issues. I never really felt the need to tell him or his twin brother, Andy, or any of our other friends from his town that I'm in a relationship. I guess I talk to them about my boyfriend like he's just one of my close friends. They never asked, and I never really felt the need to tell them. Thats where I went wrong. Jon and I had countless sleepovers, and were literally talking to eachother from the minute we're both awake, until we both go to sleep. Skype and ooVoo became our lives. We felt some strange longing when we weren't talking to eachother. It's now June, and I'm realizing how much Jon and I care about eachother and that we're starting to like eachother in ways we didn't before. We hold hands without realizing it. Last weekend, we spent an entire night at his house watching scary movies, under a blanket together, sharing a tub of ice cream together. When we were babysitting his 4 year old niece, she decided that we were going to get married and made us have a wedding party and dance and uugh. I don't ever make big moves on him, we flirt with eachother, but I feel like because I'm slightly older, if I make a move, he'll become intimidated and nervous. So, I've always thought he was sexually attractive, I know that's not everything, but it's even worse now. Considering once you fall in love with someone's personality, everything about them becomes beautiful. He is honestly the sweetest person I've ever met. He's a year younger than me, but I honestly don't care. It never feels like it. We like all the same things and have the same sense of humor. We make breakfast together and play Monopoly and he teaches me how to play his video games. He's just overall completely amazing. Even in the beginning of my relationship with my boyfriend, I don't think I ever felt so comfortable and loved with him than I do with Jon. He's hilarious and adorable, but can be serious and listen to my problems and help me through difficult times, unlike my tooconcernedwithgaming boyfriend...

So I guess my problem is that I don't know what to do. I'll feel bad breaking up with my boyfriend because I'm infatuated with this new boy. I know for a fact I would feel AWFUL if he broke up with me because he started hanging out with twin girls and decided he likes them more than me. But for the past week or so, I've had this constant knot in my stomach. Half of me wants to just call Jon and tell him everything, and how I like him a lot. The other half feels like crap because of my boyfriend, even though I know all of my friends have been telling me to break up with him for MONTHS because even from the outside, they see as well that he treats me like crap. I don't want to end up breaking both of these boys' hearts. My boyfriend USED to be here for me through my problems and helped me, but doesn't anymore. Its really like he doesn't care at all about me anymore. Jon, however, makes me feel like he'd do anything for me. He looks at me like I put the stars in the sky. But thats how we are now, and I dont know if I want to ruin the semi-relationship i have with my boyfriend for a 3 month thing with Jon. Theres no guarentee anything is going to last for as long as my relationship with my boyfriend. But I also don't want to wait to tell Jon how I feel incase someone comes between us or something. AND I don't know if i WANT to tell him how i actually feel because i'm going on a cruise to bermuda with his family in october and if we

not sure why i was cut off.... but "and if we screw things out it'll make stuff REALLLY awkward between us and that would be really bad.

what would you do?

thanks so much, even though its a long read :P"

was supposed to be on the end.

sorry. xD

You already had second thoughts about your current boyfriend before the new guy came into your life.

Do you think that your current boyfriend is going to change his behaviour towards you?

Are you happy with your current boyfriend?

Life is too short. Follow your heart. Take a chance I say.