Where did these family last names come from? Countrywise?

Eddings

Ludwig

Hahs

Schoen

Fronabarger

Page

Magee

Stith

Wrenauski

Statler

Leimbach

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

http://familytimeline.webs.com/originsofsurnames.h...

These surnames mainly originated from Prussia ( so today's Germany and Hungary etc) and the British Isles....................... however that doesn't mean that is where the people who used those surnames came from....so you would need to research your ancestry to find out about the peoples origins.............

• 9 years ago

Here's what I know

Eddings: England

Ludwig: Germany

Hahs: Germany

Schoen: Could be German, Dutch, or Jewish

Fronabargar: ?

Page: Most likely Ireland, as it's been established there since the 1600's

Magee: Scottish or Irish

Stith: England

Wrenauski:??

Statler: Germany

Leimbach: Germany

• 9 years ago

Magees came from England, Ireland, Germany and Canada. Statlers came from Germany, Austria, England, Hungary, Holland, Ireland and France. Pages came from England, Ireland and France. Many Hahs lived in Missouri and the name could be a variant of Haws or Haas.

If you are trying to trace your ancestors, you will have to do the research. Just looking where a name may come from will not tell you where your great great grandparents came from.

Source(s): ancestry.com
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Eddings Name Meaning

English: patronymic from the Old English personal name Eadda.

Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4

I used

http://www.ancestry.com/learn/facts/default.aspx?l...

It is free, although if you click on any of the links you'll get an offer to learn much more, either as a subscriber or on a free 14-day trial. I'll let you look up the rest; no sense in my having all of the fun.

"Patronymic" is a $14 word that means "from the father", like "Williamson", "Williams" and "Wilson", which all mean "son of William."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.