Working two jobs? Advice please!?

I've been working at my current job since March. I really love some of the people there, but others are just bullies. I could even take that, but the main part of my position is selling things at the register that I don't feel right selling- they're pretty much a scam. But if I don't sell them, I don't get enough hours to make rent. After a particularly hard day I went out and applied and actually got a different job. It's a dollar more an hour and I won't need to worry about selling things that I don't agree with. But I have an intense guilt over leaving my first job- I love some of the people there, they're amazing to work with. Plus I know that there are always bad days at any job.

I'm going to try working both jobs if it's okay with the new job but next week I'm scheduled for 55 hours. I know it will be less in the future, but I also will go back to school full time in the fall and won't be able to do both jobs. I'm just at a loss as to what to do. I almost feel like I shouldn't try the second job, just because leaving any job will just make me feel awful.

I need some advice on what to do. My friends tell me not to even try, because then it's wasting one of the job's time. I'm a good employee and a hard worker. I want somewhere that I can stay long term. But I really don't think I can manage two jobs for the long run.

• ?

If you aren't happy, quit the first job.