Job-hunting in the States?

Hi, I am an exchange student from Japan, studying at a college in WA in the states. I will do an summer internship from tomorrow to the beginning of this Sep.

Because I want to keep improving my English and get my work experience improved also in foreign companies, I am thinking to do job-hunting in the States by using the work experience that I will get from this internship.

Considering that I am a Japanese college student and what I learned in this exchange program is mainly marketing and I don't have any work VISA , do you think it is still possible for me to get a job in the States?

Also, is there a company who will give me a support to get me a VISA?

At last, is there any company that you think up for me? The company doesn't necessarily have to be located in WA.

If you have a particular company name that you want to recommend to me, it would also be good. Also if you have some recommendation of web-site to search a company, it would help me a lot.

Thanks for your attention and time. I would like to hear from you soon.

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to an advisor at the college you are attending to find out 1) if you can work (which I think not) and 2) if so, where they can refer you,

• marian

I endorse if feasible to move in with family until you find a job vs relocating close to family and having to pay the whole lot your self. Granted you began in October and inspiration that you'd have a job soon, however consider concerning the excessive unemployment fee out there. For every applicant that applys now, there could be 10 others equally certified and trying the job vs years in the past, will have been just a few. Or put an extra approach, you may have heard of the 99's, those are individuals receiving UI benefits for more than a 12 months and nonetheless unemployed, so that is your competition. Relocating, whatever the reason will not qualify you for UI advantages, due to the fact you "selected" to give up and transfer. Excellent luck

Why would you want to go to that horrible place?

teach japanese somewhere!