Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 years ago

What books would you reccomend for an 18 year old girl?

I have read and loved:

-The Hunger Games Series

-The Twilight Series

-Pretty Much every Nicholas Sparks book

-The Perks Of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chobsky

-Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

-Seriously Kidding by Ellen

-The Great Gatsby

I have read and not cared for:

-The Pact by Jodi Picult

-Water For Elephants

-Any Sarah Dessen book

-Any school book like:

-Fahrenheit 451

-Of Mice And Men

-Shakespeare

-Lord of the Flies

-Night by Elie Wiesel

-One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest

-Slaughterhouse Five

yeah it would be extremely helpful if you guys could reccomend some books! thanks a bunch!

I am also starting college in August so I am looking for maybe some college survival guides that might be funny.

Favorite Answer

-Secret Life of Bees- (fiction) Good read. Story of a girl that runs from her abusive father to find the truth about herself and her mother's death.

-Ellen Foster- (fiction) Great read, highly recommended

-A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier- 1st person accounts of an African boy soldier. Easily holds your attention. Reminds you about how good your life is and how truly terrible others' are (non-fiction)

The Divergent Trilogy. Divergent is the only book I have EVER reread (and that says a lot about how much I like it!). I think it's better than the Hunger Games, and I have hooked three of my friends on the series. The first book is Divergent. The second book is Insurgent. The third book isn't out yet. Here is an overview of Divergent.

In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue—Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is—she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are—and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Source(s): :)

Books by: Angela Carter (horror/magic realism)

Lionel Shriver (clever and intensely moving)

Ben Elton (satirical and very funny)

The Girl Who Played Go by Shan Sa (eerily beautiful romance)

Margaret Atwood (clever feminism)

Roald Dahl (no really, his short stories for adults are like lightning)

Douglas Adams (funny and far-out)

Or maybe some classics - Jane Eyre, Wide Sargasso Sea (the prequel), Wuthering Heights

Source(s): I'm sixteen and into books :)
  • marian

Megastar woman and Love superstar girl by way of Jerri Spinelli simply as long as have been collectively with the aid of Judy Blume The Uglies sequence by Scott Westerfeild The year of the dog and The 12 months of the Rat by way of Grace Lin The starvation video games sequence by using Suzanne Collins Matilda by way of Rhoald Dahl have been i'd prefer to be through ?

• Candy by Kevin Brooks..Beauty Queen by Linda Glovach..Both of these books are beautifully written.

Also , The Electric Kool-aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe is absolutely lovely. Such interesting mind- expanding books.

:)

Vampire academy-a forbidden love story and friendship

Circle series by Ted dekker- just amazing!

Mortal instrument series by Cassandra Clare -love story with vampires,witches,fairies the works etc

Check out the author Rick Riordan

Source(s): I love his books

It seems you like popular fiction. Those books you list are just books and plays - not school books. Anyway........Down the Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams might be a book you would enjoy.

Wolves or Mercy Falls series (Shiver-Linger-Forever)