if i swap hard drives will this work?

If i have a hard drive with windows installed on it can i plug it into a new computer and it still work? i am building a completly new computer and dont want to lose all my old stuff from my old one. or do i have to buy windows again? HELP!

No man...it wilp not work

Windows needs to load files in bootloaders and sectors

Just my exchanging HDD u cannot port windows to another system

To save files...move all ur files out of C partition...now to put the HDD in new computer and reinstall windows by only formating C partition

This will save all ur files

You may be lucky,I just put a had-drive with windows into a nw motherboard and it booted up fine , i just hard to install the new motherboard drivers , works fine

• DrDave

Not and work smoothly. First off, if it's a drive that came with an oem version, even if you got it to run it would soon be un genuine. Secondly, you wouldn't have the right drivers. You'd need to reinstall the correct drivers. Even then, you can't expect it to be very stable if you do get that far.

• Yes, it will work as long as the Windows version you are running in the hard drive is fully supported by your new computer

no you would need to format the hard drive and re load windows.

Yes. Just move the drive to your new unit.