Anonymous asked in PetsHorses · 9 years ago

what is this..i have no clue?!?

Okay so I have seen it in dressage and English videos like on TV on the horse channel I have. I think they are from england

It is not a martingale

It looks like a cottony material.

It goes from one buckle on the saddle to the next( the buckles on the pommel of the saddle...were the withers are)

It just goes from one buckle to the other. Down near wear the horses neck and chest meet.

It is about 4-5 inches thick...

Any ideas of what it is called?

It does not go down between there legs


7 Answers

  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's an elastic breastplate.

    Sometimes called a show jumping breastplate. It's just a long piece of elastic that helps hold the saddle in place. Since it's only one piece (with nothing between the legs) some people consider them easier and safer to use since there's no chance of catching a leg or anything in them.

  • Ron Sr
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

    Brest Collar

  • 9 years ago

    It's a type of breast collar. It helps keep the saddle from slipping back.

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    It must be an elastic breast collar. Many people use it for jumping. It has the same action as a leather breast collar its just different.



    Wow long urls! Ha ha! Hope I helped!

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

    Its called a elastic breast collar

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    Elastic bungee strap. we call them bungees at my farm

  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

    elastic breast collar

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.