Accutane? Safe or unsafe?

Is accutane worth all of the horrible side effects? Does it work?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Eric
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It sounds like you are already familiar with the principle that Accutane makes it worse before it makes you better. That's what my dermatologist explained to me, and he also said that I would absolutely need this drug to get better. I decided not to and my acne was almost completely gone after a year or so and is completely gone now. It turns out it wasn't necessary after all.

No matter what, as you get older, acne will disappear. If you take Accutane, your dermatologist will no doubt credit the drug, but it's not necessary to take. Among the known symptoms are liver damage so I would just stay away from it. Wash your face, eat healthy food, and it will be gone sooner than later. Just make sure not to pick your face because scars are something you'll have to live with forever.

• celena
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

WOW I didnt even they they nonetheless made this drug I was looking at a exhibit the other day on Discovery Channel and this man went crazy and had despair and alot of different signs from this medication.I'm slightly skeptical about meds motive I received the Gardasil HPV vaccine and i'm nonetheless having signs 4 years later!!!

• Jeff
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It does work but most people agree that it's not worth the horrible side effects.

see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotretinoin

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

It has been linked to Cancer and AIds :/ But it is good for singing lol ;}

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • R T
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

It's been linked to Crohn's disease.

Source(s): ///
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.