Scotty asked in SportsBasketball · 9 years ago

Why can't the Spurs win titles anymore like they used to?

They won 4 titles in a span of 8 years, yet now they haven't made the finals in 5 years. What happened to them? They still have Coach Pop, Duncan, Ginobli, and Tony Parker is even better now than he used to be.

So what happened to them?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Medley
    Lv 4
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think the NBA is rigged.

This is the NBA: Anything can happen!! Nothing is going to go as expected because these are human beings, not robots.

I just think some games have bad officiating.

No disrespect to the Spurs but their time is up. There is a new era and theyre getting a bit old. There are young teams out there that take advantage of it. The Spurs still have potential.

• 9 years ago

Rigged. Everybody knows a Thunder vs Heat matchup would spark the most attention. So does a 1st ring for LBJ. Don't believe me? Then let's take a look back, shall we?

Spurs, winners of 20 straight, only to lose to a Thunder FOUR TIMES straight. The very same team that got BLOWN OUT in the Finals.

Spurs also swept out LeBron back in 07... Too much of a threat.

Then there's Miami, who were awful, down 2-1 against Indiana. Indiana suddenly went 'S.O.F.T.' according to Larry Bird.

Then they were awful again, down 3-2 against Boston. 'Somehow' won though.

Then there's those 'cramps'. Take a look back and tell me that wasn't acted out.

He even played without pain until he airballed that 3. Then a TO was called and it suddenly went bad enough to see him grimacing in pain. Pfft.

Well, even if it was real, he shoulda played through like MJ with the flu.

But still, ever seen LBJ or any ball athlete get CRAMPS those bad in games? Don't think so.

D.Rose was injured, but shouldn't have anything to do with it, right?

Source(s): IDK. Just trying to keep an open mind.
  • In no-disrespect to any of those players and Coach. But they're getting old. The Coach, using same playbooks. Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

I will admit, some of their trades are good. but they need to expand the talent.

Really, they need some new legs on the court.

• 9 years ago

Aging.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Cause the Thunder are rising to glory. And their core stars are aging.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.