Cody asked in PetsReptiles · 9 years ago

Need help about my turtle!!!!?

I got a baby yellow belly slyder the other day n today we fed it and it pushed the food to inside of its shell, why? Should i be worried? Wht if he does it again? We had to use tweezers to take it out

He probably didn't mean to do it. Turtles can be dopey at times and not realize that there is food in front of them and push it with their arms while they are swimming. It happened on an accident. If something like this is to ever happen again I would suggest you NOT to use tweezers on him. It was a good thought if your fingers are too big to get in where the food was stuck, but if you were to snag his skin with the end of the tweezers in the process he could of gotten an infection. SO just leave it be for a while until it gets soggy from the water and then take a cloth or paper towel to it.

That...happens with baby turtles sometimes when they don't notice their food and it floats to the fleshy part between the neck and forearm.

Never try that again now you hurt him looks like a vet visit!