Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 years ago

What does the bible say about hypnosis?

Is my friend allowed to use it?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

<< Deuteronomy 18:10-11 >>

10Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter ina the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord, and because of these detestable practices the Lord your God will drive out those nations before you. 13You must be blameless before the Lord your God.

• 9 years ago

As far as I know, hypnosis is not specifically mentioned in the Bible. It is the use of ones own mind to help ones self I assume that you mean...so go ahead.

• 9 years ago

The bible doesn't say anything specifically about hypnosis but it does say

to not be conformed to the things of this world but to be transformed by the

renewing of your mind. (Rom 12:2)

Giving up control of ones mind, even temporarily, is always a danger. Satan

works through the mind and when a person is not in control of their mind, it

could open the door to unwanted results.

• 9 years ago

Prayer never did a dam*** thing to help me quit smoking and hypnosis did. Yes, it's allowed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Wherefore, by the ministering of angels, and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing; and thus it was until the coming of Christ.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

no it is forbidden by God cuz it is considered a false idol. Jk do what ever the hell you want. Dont listen to a 2000 year old fairy tale

• 9 years ago

yes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.