Driver's License: Can I get a license with only having a permit? I'm 18?

Hi. I'm 18 and I live in Maryland. I have held my learner's permit for almost the entire two years and now it is about to expire. For the longest time I've been really skiddish about driving, like I get really nervous at times and such. (I know it's pathetic.) So I kinda put off driving and stuff. :p So now I am in a hurry to get a license before it does expire. So I was wondering since I am 18 if I could go ahead and schedule for the road test to get a full license with only a learner's permit. Like will I be able to skip the provisional part? And also about the skills logbook thing, I have recorded my driving up to a certain point. After that I just drove without recording the times of driving. So will I also have to present that when applying for a license or can I also skip that part? Remember that I'm 18. Thanks to anyone who can answer this question and please hurry!! :)

• judith

Thats allowed here in Kali, california permits you to force with you allow as long as you might have an 18+ yr ancient in the passenger seat subsequent to the motive force (with a license of course) :-)

I don't know how maryland works, but in NY i just had to take a five-hour course after I got my permit. Then I took my road test and got my license. Read the DMV website I guess, or just call them.

http://www.mva.maryland.gov/

You don't need a drivers license. There aren't any road between the kitchen and the bedroom.

You must first have an advanced degree in anthropology.