Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 years ago

Please tell me reasons I should respect my mother when she treats me like crap :)?

thanks

Favorite Answer

If she wants respect she has to earn it. But same for you too. Respect is a two way street. If you are nice to her, she may be nice to you. If not, than by all means, be mean back.

"she gave you life" Is the most bullshit excuse. I hate when mothers hold that against their kids (even my own mother agrees).

"she feeds you" and "you live in her house" are stupid reasons too because,legally, she has too until you're 18

I ask myself that question sometimes too...

But she created you and gave you life, provides a house for you, clothes, food, toys, the computer your on now!

Never say your mom treats you badly, even though you think she is. Maybe she has a little too much on her plate right now, and is stressed out. Try and help her out a bit.

I suggest talking it out with your mom, because who knows, maybe shes on yahoo answers right now too, asking why should I respect my child if she treats me like crap?

Respect for office. You notice if a person dislikes the president they still call him President Obama its respect for the office not for the man (or in this case woman)

In addition to what others have wrote, how is disrespecting her going to improve the situation?

Respecting doesn't mean agreeing with how she acts or how she treats you or others, it just means you go about your business, speak respectfully to her and walk away when you can't do that.

Wishing you well.

If you are mistreated there is no reason to show her respect. You do need to obey her rules, if you are a minor, but anyone, parents included, need to earn respect.

She isn't owed it just for giving birth to you, or supporting you.

• M

Have a talk with her, mabey then ull understand. Unless she totally and completly hatedbyou, you will under stand ! XdD PLEASE COME TO MY Q'S AND ANSWER!!!

• bubs

she gave you life

she feeds you

you live in her house

she does your washing

she pays for your school

it makes things smoother........