If you put in for a job transfer and you didn't tell anyone and got the job, will they get mad at you?

I put in for another position with the same company I work for and I haven't told anyone about it-not even my supervisors, coworkers, or managers. I got the routine with my job-if they hired you for it, they'll give you a job interview and a drug test. If you didn't get the internal job posting, they won't even grant you the 2nd job interview or the drug test. Nobody knows I'm 2nd interviewing for it and all they know is I can't come in and I'm going there there for the interview. Will that blow up in my face and will that upset them that I'm leaving unannounced or without one word said to them?

Favorite Answer

You won't be leaving unannounced, hopefully. If you are told you are getting the transfer, you will inform your boss and serve the proper notice period, and there should be no problems.

Yes they would . Wouldn't you get upset if all of a sudden they decide to fire you ?