Miller Millermatic 135 Mig welder?

I just purchased a this mig welder at a yard sale for 260 and was wondering if its a good machine for the price. I came with a argon cylinder, a cheap regulator, and hose. Is there any way to test it without argon gas? When i hit the trigger the wire rolls out smoothly but no spark or weld. I tried changing the polarity for flux core but it has a roll of solid steel wire in it. Any help appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Make sure your gun is hooked to the positive pole for solid wire.

Make sure the back end of the gun is snug where it fastens to the machine.

Many machines have leads connecting to the poles. Make sure these are all snug and free from corrosion. Some machines, Lincoln and Miller, will have multiple wires on the poles. Make sure they are all connected and the crimps and wire are in good condition.

This may seem obvious, but a bad ground is normally the culprit. Open up the alligator clam and look for rust.

Another thing is your contact tip. Make sure that it is the correct size for the wire you are using. Also make sure it is not worn out. An oval shaped hole means it is worn. Also, make sure that it is screwed tightly into the contact tip adapter.

While you're at it, you should inspect the gun liner for proper length and condition. This is another big-time trouble maker.

Gas or not, you should be able to spooge out a bead.

Miller 135

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Miller Millermatic 135 Mig welder?

I just purchased a this mig welder at a yard sale for 260 and was wondering if its a good machine for the price. I came with a argon cylinder, a cheap regulator, and hose. Is there any way to test it without argon gas? When i hit the trigger the wire rolls out smoothly but no spark or weld. I tried...

Source(s): miller millermatic 135 mig welder: https://shortly.im/Fkgcy
  • teresa

Millermatic 135

I would rather have the Miller. I have used both and believe the Miller is the more dependable machine.