where is the TPS sensor on a Mercedes-Benz S500?

my S500(w220) is bone stock!..

Update:

TPS=..........THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Depends on the system you have. You can have either 4 individual tire pressure sensors located on each of the 4 rims (behind the tire valve) or it can be done through the vehicle's ABS/wheel speed sensors. The individual pressure sensors is a more accurate system but it is also more expensive. The speed sensors are already on the vehicle so it doesn't add any additional cost or parts.

An easy way to tell them apart is if you have individual wheel sensors, the valve caps will be grey plastic. If the monitoring is done through the ABS sensors, the caps are metal (assuming the tire valves and caps have never been changed).

EDIT: Ah, I don't even think of throttle position sensors for Benz models anymore since they (as an individual part) were phased out in the early 90's. The throttle position sensor function is part of the E-Gas Actuator (sometime referred to as the throttle slide).

• 3 years ago

don`t hardship with carfax to lots , first element first if u rather wanna purchase this motor vehicle circulate to the broking or the owner and tell him that i wanna take the motor vehicle to an super Mercedes broking by way of fact this automobiles may well be a real nightmare and a robust thank you to empty your wallet . they have maximum of digital and electric issues isn't even humorous , in undemanding terms the spark plugs will value u 200 to alter them u will desire sixteen . for a v8 engine with 2 spark plugs on each and each Cly. and often the ignition coils get broken and those r around $500 slightly.So the cost is good yet take the motor vehicle to a Mercedes broking and pay the cost for an entire inspection. have faith me is nicely worth each and every penny .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.