How come "strong league = strong NT" doesn't apply to England?

Is it: A) Too many foreign owners who don't give a sh*t about England B) Too many foreign players C) English players are generally crap D) The "good" English players are disgraceful and give less than half of what they're capable of because they would rather be making a ton of money for... show more Is it:

A) Too many foreign owners who don't give a sh*t about England
B) Too many foreign players
C) English players are generally crap
D) The "good" English players are disgraceful and give less than half of what they're capable of because they would rather be making a ton of money for their clubs than represent their country
E) All of the above

BQ: If it was possible, would the English FA sell their national team to a rich foreigner in an attempt to become the best?
Update: J: At least Iraq has beaten Portugal in a major competition lol (2004 Olympics). How many times has England lost to them on penalties?
Update 2: Oswald: I'm not jumping the gun, whatever happens today doesn't change the fact England sucks. You're assuming I'm an Italy fan, trust me I'm not. And Italy sucks almost as much as England right now, but my point is, at least when the Serie A was considered the best league, Italy were strong... show more Oswald: I'm not jumping the gun, whatever happens today doesn't change the fact England sucks. You're assuming I'm an Italy fan, trust me I'm not. And Italy sucks almost as much as England right now, but my point is, at least when the Serie A was considered the best league, Italy were strong and always were title contenders. And look at Spain, they have arguably the two best clubs in the world, and their NT is dominating. Enland on the other hand still sucks no matter how good you think the EPL is.