Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (Soccer)Spanish Football (Soccer) · 8 years ago

How come "strong league = strong NT" doesn't apply to England?

Is it:

A) Too many foreign owners who don't give a sh*t about England

B) Too many foreign players

C) English players are generally crap

D) The "good" English players are disgraceful and give less than half of what they're capable of because they would rather be making a ton of money for their clubs than represent their country

E) All of the above

BQ: If it was possible, would the English FA sell their national team to a rich foreigner in an attempt to become the best?

Update:

J: At least Iraq has beaten Portugal in a major competition lol (2004 Olympics). How many times has England lost to them on penalties?

Update 2:

Oswald: I'm not jumping the gun, whatever happens today doesn't change the fact England sucks. You're assuming I'm an Italy fan, trust me I'm not. And Italy sucks almost as much as England right now, but my point is, at least when the Serie A was considered the best league, Italy were strong and always were title contenders. And look at Spain, they have arguably the two best clubs in the world, and their NT is dominating. Enland on the other hand still sucks no matter how good you think the EPL is.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

When England brought in Capello it was the admitting they were inferior. Then when Capello left it showed that not even a top class manager can make those awful players work lol.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Yes to A

Yes to B: There are too many foreign players in the EPL

Not necessarily for C: In Spain, our image of english players is that they have way too much of an ego and not enough talent. They talk too much and do not do enough work. There's a reason why there are very few english players playing in other major european leagues. Clubs think they are too much trouble. A rare exception would be Gary Lineker. People actually liked him because he would shut up and bring results.

Not necessarily for D: Some good english players actually care for their country but the others let them down because they already accepted that the english team won't get too far and thus bringing down the standards of commitment and level of desire for achievement for the team and nation.

BQ: No.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

1 - Man Utd 2 - Chelsea 3 - Man City 4 - Arsenal Huge Gap In Points 5 - Spurs 6 - Everton 7 - Liverpool 8 - Newcastle 9 - Fulham 10 - Aston Villa 11- Sunderland 12 - West Brom 13 - Wigan 14 - West Ham 15 - Stoke 16 - Swansea 17 - Reading 18 - Norwich 19 - QPR 20 - Southampton I'm a huge Toon fan but I think playing in the EUROPA league will a pretty big impact on our domestic campaign.

• Jerico
    Lv 4
    8 years ago

In my opinion it is B and C!

The thing is the foreign players in the top teams in EPL makes the English players look good, but in reality, they are just average players who gets a lot of credit for being English! In other words, the foreigners are the reason why the EPL is the "best league in the world".

BQ) You can't sell your national team lol It only applies to club teams :P

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Because the English Premier League is about as English as the major League Baseball.

It's just a global business for foreign owners.

They have a terrible youth system, and just buy players from abroad.

Yes, and then try to buy the Spanish or German team as a replacement.

• 8 years ago

I dont generally agree with the statement "strong league = strong NT" in all situations.Brazil has dominated world football but their top players come and play in Europe.Spain has had Real Madrid in 1950's which was considered the greatest team of all times in club football but Spain won their first World Cup only in 2010.Having the best league doesnt always guarantee a strong NT.Its a question of how well your country's players contribute to a club side's success be it any club side.

As far as England in concerned,I'd say its A) B) and C)

• 8 years ago

Maybe England's national team is cursed. I don't think neither of those points can be applied to England. Even with that many foreign players playing in the EPL, one can't denied the fact that they have many great domestic players playing in the EPL as well.

• 8 years ago

Foreign players, yes. All of the EPL's star players are foreign. They have no chemistry, they don't take pride in their country. Take a look at the Germans, all pretty average players when playing for their clubs but when they put that NT jersey on, they spark world class.

• 8 years ago

Opposite applies to Italy.

• 8 years ago

B is the answer , English players aren't crap , they have a few good players Gerrard , Lampard , Rooney , Cole , but their team is not balanced , some are really good and some are crap

• Google
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

A&B

BQ: If England was able to buy players for their NT , there would probably be just a few Englanders ..

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.