What M*A*S*H episode contained Danny Devito?

Danny Devito played an army soldier. He appeared the same height as Alan Alda because he was walking on planks that were placed around the set. The camera shot him from the waist up. It was an early episode before Taxi debuted. I recognized Louie DePalma from the MASH episode and was surprised when he stepped... show more Danny Devito played an army soldier. He appeared the same height as Alan Alda because he was walking on planks that were placed around the set. The camera shot him from the waist up. It was an early episode before Taxi debuted. I recognized Louie DePalma from the MASH episode and was surprised when he stepped out of the dispatcher cage and was so short. I think he was a high ranking officer like a major or colonel. This might have been from an interview or article (perhaps TV Guide?). I remember successfully going back and reviewing the episode to verify what I heard or read. I remember he had some good dramatic lines in the dark light of the swamp. I'm either going crazy or some publicist or lawyer pulled the references and the scenes out.
3 answers 3