How can it possibly be wrong for older ladies to climb second story balconies in the dark?

Last night, my new neighbor who lives above my apartment, locked herself out. We found this out at midnight after sitting outside all night and consuming rum and cokes. We called for help which didn't come. Against my better wishes, we took our picnic table and placed it on my patio under her balcony... show more Last night, my new neighbor who lives above my apartment, locked herself out. We found this out at midnight after sitting outside all night and consuming rum and cokes. We called for help which didn't come. Against my better wishes, we took our picnic table and placed it on my patio under her balcony railing.

Then they hauled a yard bench, which was wobbly, and set it atop the table.. The locked out lady then climbed to the top board of the bench with we other two balancing her, who is not skinny, the wobbly bench, and the table What a sight from below!! You have no idea!!

Hanging on the outside of her balcony railing, it proved to be too high for her to scale....I think it was more to do with her weight but I didn't say anything. So down she precariously came. I thought I would give it a try and when I reached the railing, could jump up and over it and go unlock her front door. They wouldn't even hear of me doing that.....so what if they are young and in their 50's and I am pushing 70 at breakneck speed?

We had to wait til late morning for maintenance to arrive. This is perfectly true and it's life in the village....by the 3 village idiots.