How to disable the beep on my BRINKS alarm.?

Hello,

I purchased a house with a BRINKS alarm system. I'm attempting to utilize the alarm system without activating the service. However, the alarm councole beeps after I plug in the sytem for ~12 hours and the display says brinks is not able to be reached. It can be silenced if I hit cancel every ~12 hours.

I do not have the line conncented to the telphone jack. and I don't have a land line service in my house. My question is.... will the beeping go away if I plug it the jack. Will it attempt to call the police? The beep is driving me crazy:)

Favorite Answer

Unfortunately ( or fortunately depending on your point of view) most monitored alarm systems will go into a trouble condition when communication is lost, and that is what is causing your beep from the keypad. I recommend that you contact a local alarm technician who can come in and service your system. If he is familiar with the make and model of your system, in less than an hour he can reconfigure your alarm so it functions normally unmonitored.

If you connect your system to the telephone jack it will not call the police. It will attempt to connect with the alarm monitoring company, but without a service contract they will probably do little more than to follow up with a phone call, probably in the hope that you will resume service with them.

I have worked in the electronic security business for more than 40 years. I know that all alarm companies make most of their business from the recurring monitoring revenue generated by people with alarms installed in their homes and businesses. Although I strongly believe in my industry, and in monitored alarms. I also respect anyone who chooses to not have their system monitored, and I hope that any alarm company you contact (including Brinks) will offer you that same respect.

In the meantime you can stop the beeping by powering your system down completely. You should be able to open the main alarm panel (not the keypad) and disconnect the large battery inside by pulling off one of the wires from the battery terminal, and also unplug the system transformer from the power outlet.

Then get out the phone book and start calling some of the local independant alarm dealers in your area. If you don't want to risk getting pressured into signing a monitoring contract then stay away from the big companies like Brinks, and ADT, or Chubb, and find a nice friendly independant alarm dealer. If you need help finding a responsible dealer, then call the NBFAA in the USA, or CANASA in Canada.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Hello,

I purchased a house with a BRINKS alarm system. I'm attempting to utilize the alarm system without activating the service. However, the alarm councole beeps after I plug in the sytem for ~12 hours and the display says brinks is not able to be reached. It can be silenced if I hit...

Source(s): disable beep brinks alarm: https://shortly.im/ayzLZ

Just open the main panel (like Douglas D suggested) - pull the wires off the battery inside. Don t forget to unplug the brick transformer from the 120-volt outlet that is the main supply to the battery. Voila! No more beeping. Go with something like SimpliSafe, which I did just before calling in to stop the monthly payments to ADT. SimpliSafe seems like a much better system, much more functional, easier to manage and lower monthly fees.

Go to your passengers seat look under the seat there should be a wire going from the seat under the floor mat just disconnect that wire if you cant see the wire try taking the seat off there should only be 4 bolts holding it down.

do you need to close the door and then set the alarm and then go out