Why do YOU believe in God?

There's more evidence that there is no God than there are that he is.

I believe everything that happens in life is chance and "luck".

It's impossible that there is someone living somewhere in the sky who knows your every thought and move (considering there are billions of people in the world), etc etc. that's just absurd...

I used to he a believer until it hit me that "God" does nothing for me. Then I took AP World History and I learned the origins and history of God and religion and obviously this powerful being was only created so these people wouldn't question how earth came to be. Religion was created so that there would be a sense of peace and order in the very ancient civilizations.

And I'm a good person. I don't use the excuse that I don't believe in God just to be reckless.

I try to be the best I can be and I stay up almost every night trying to find evidence that he's real but there's nothing.

I WANT to believe in God, but that's entirely impossible because he's not real.

Our existence and the way life works is simply scientific.

The creation of God was made for a sense of hope.

Deep down you know that when you die, you're going to rot in your grave.

Your spirit will not live on in heaven or hell.

There is no such thing.

• Reason
    Favorite Answer

@Gregory

You're third line is quite ironic.

I attended church with friends and went up to the front of the stage during an alter call. I didn't really know what to expect, so when the preacher asked if I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior I said yes and I was instantly filled with and overwhelming feeling of love that was so strong that I actually fell back onto the floor. It literally knocked me off my feet.

I believe in GOD because the alternative forces me to believe that something came from nothing. That is infinitely more challenging to believe than a good GOD.

GOD bless

Because God exists.

Source(s): Just because you can't see something does not mean it does not exist. The reason God made it where we have no "evidence" of His existence, in the way that you are asking, is because God wants to know that we actually love Him and believe in Him. But really, the fact that WE even exist, is, in itself, evidence that God exists, because there's no way we could come into existence without there being a God.
  • ?

I would have to agree with everything you said as I came to the same conclusion years ago and became an atheist.

Yes. He is just not the True Creator.

Source(s): I am Satan, the True Creator.

because god is real

really what evidence is there that proves there is no god?

your belief is not evidence

your course on history is also not evidence there is no god

no religion was not created for what you claim

• For me, it is because I can feel my Goddess.

I have experienced things that show me she is real.

Faith in God is a gift from God, and I have had faith in God as far back as I can remember. We don't find God by a logical argument, but by Him -- God is love and Christians are in relationship with the Divine Creator of the universe. Faith isn't a maybe, or only a decision, but an emotion like love where you come to know someone and are connected to them emotionally. It's important to know God in your life as a Christian, and then you can pray about your life. God is your spiritual Father. The world isn't run on randomness but by the laws of science, and God is in control. Consider the beauty of the world -- the parks the animals, the flowers, sunsets, butterflies, etc. Beauty needs someone who knows beauty to make it consistently beautiful. Beauty isn't something made in a dark room by random splashes of paint to get a beautiful, harmonious finished piece every time. No, God has an eye for beauty and made the world beautiful in many ways. Ways to get your faith in God can include reading the Holy Bible, praying to God, listening to Christian music, having others pray for you to have faith, and getting to a Christian church.

When you know God as a Christian, He can help you with your life, so you can have friends and live right. God is about maturity, helping people, doing the right things in life, and not about being selfish or mean. Get to church and have an open thought to accepting what they are telling you about God, seek to commit to Him in faith, and He can help you. Not following God can lead to hell, a very bad place.

You can pray the prayer below to be a Christian. Knowing God as a Christian can transform your life. When you know God, then pray about your life, God can help you live a better life. As God is love, life is primarily about love and relationships in order to have a rich and full life. Also, you need to know God's Son, Jesus Christ, in your life as your Lord and Savior as Jesus died on the cross as payment for our sins. Having Him with you will give you God's blessing and forgiveness, as you live God's way. We need to know and follow God in this life so we can go to heaven after we die, and so we can get God's help now. Not following God leads to hell, eternal suffering. Instead, there is an important prayer to pray to become a born again Christian. This prayer should be said with faith in God and a sincere heart:

"Dear God, I know that I am a sinful person and I don't want to be like this anymore. I know that Jesus Christ died on the cross as payment for our sins, and I want to accept Jesus Christ into my life as my Lord and Savior so I can receive God's forgiveness, guidance, and go to heaven someday. Thank you, dear God, for your mercy and guidance; in Jesus' name. Amen."

This prayer can take you to a new place in your relationship with God and transform your life. After saying this prayer, you should check out a Christian church, like Baptist or Lutheran (not ELCA Lutheran). The church can get you baptized and prayed for, and you can pray for yourself daily. Also, get into their Bible study group so you can learn more about God, Jesus, and God's will for your life. The Bible is God's instruction book about how to live a God-honoring life so you can go to heaven after you die. Ways to stay connected to God's path include loving God and Jesus Christ, obeying God's ways, daily Bible reading, daily prayer for yourself and others, getting to church, group prayer, fasting with prayer for a higher level of prayer, getting with other Christians and doing a Bible study, singing hymns to God, taking communion with the church, helping and loving others, tithing at church, expressing your gratitude to God for His help in your life by telling others of your progress and helping them draw closer to God too. Continue to ask God for forgiveness daily and try to avoid doing wrong things. God guide your life.

I salute you!