How do i convince my dad to not make me read this social thinking book?

He wants me to read socially curious and curiosly social. Its tageted torawds kidss with autism and aspergers. The very first sentence is " I believe this book will be a valuable resource for high functioning young people on the spectrum or with Asperger's Syndrome. " Just to clarify "on the spectrum" means you have autism. i tried to explain this but he says the book is just saying you could use it for kids like that but its for lots of different kids. He always makes me read these books and they never help they make it worse. they make me have extremely low self confidence and make me think too hard about social thinking instead of just relaxing and having fun. I know how to make friends. My dad always makes me do this and these books dont help. I have plent of friends, i dont need this book.

Favorite Answer

I am sorry. Can you bluff it and make him think you read it. I guess you read Born on a Blue Day too. I think I would pretend to read it and thank him for trying to help. Most parents Don't know how to help so they screw things up and that has nothing to do with Aspergers Syndrome.

Obviously your dad is concerned about you, and has a picture of you in his thinking.

So, to break the tie of him vs. you, bring in a third party: the licensed counselors at 1-800-525-LOVE 24/7; ask them what to do, how to resolve, etc. Their general web site is http://www.klove.com/