Question regarding Toyota Supra.?

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding a Toyota Supra Mk4. I want to buy one but I can't afford the TT yet (Im only 17). I can however afford the GE version, or non turbo. I can't for the life of me find a manual and ive been looking for weeks. I was thinking of upgrading it to a NA-T later on down the road when I get the money. It will be automatic though. I was wondering if a Turbo would do well on the Auto Trani? Doesn't it hold boost better and give you power straight away? The auto trans in the supra is much different then the trans in my grand am im sure. If anyone could answer or lend there 2 cents it would be great.

Favorite Answer

Simply put no. Automatic transmissions will not let you go faster or let you get the power faster. It doesn't work that way.

I just wouldn't buy a Supra yet. Seriously. A N/A Mk4 Supra is trash. The reason you only hear the TT version getting praised so highly is because that's what the Supra needed to suceed; twin turbos. Exactly the same story with Nissan; their RB26DE was not very highly praised, but when stuck with factory TT's, it made one of the most famous and potent Nissan Skyline GT-R combinations ever made.

Don't buy a Mk4 NA, then buy a Mk4 TT, it's far too much money to spend on Mk4's when you could just be a LITTLE more patient and save up for what you REALLY want; the TT.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not a supra expert, but an older automatic transmission and ant decent amount of boost aren't a very reliable combination.

I'd just wait to find a manual. They're tougher, more fun to drive, and have a higher resale value. Plus with a manual, you can get off the line faster.