Children are innocent in the eyes of god?

It is a common belief among Christians that the only unforgivable sin is consciously rejecting Christ as Lord and savior. With that said, it is also believed by Christians that those who have never heard of Jesus and the Christian faith, i.e. individuals within an isolated tribe, babies and so forth, have no concept of Christ and can not, therefore, be in the position to consciously reject him. This would allow them entrance into heaven by default. With that said,

If you believe that your eternal life is more important than your physical life and you believe that all children are innocent in the eyes of God, why not kill your children so they are guaranteed to go to heaven? You can't tell me that it is because killing is a sin. First of all, you could repent thereafter and be forgiven. Secondly, if you would sacrifice your life for your child who is about to be hit by a train, and you believe your eternal life is more important than this life, then it would stand to reason that you should kill your children to ensure their entrance into heaven before they are old enough to be held accountable for being a creature of sin, right?

If you do believe that children are innocent in the eyes of God, wouldn't it be reasonable to suggest that abortion doctors are winning more souls for Christ than Christian missionaries? Why not bomb a pre-school? That would surely win a lot of souls for Christ.

If you do not believe that children are innocent in the eyes of God, wouldn't it be fair to suggest that God is a monster for sending babies and toddlers to hell upon their death? Do you see the irony here?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

if they are so innocent, why does the loving god allow them to get molested?

i bet no one can answer that.

• Daver
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

<<Children are innocent in the eyes of god?>>

Yes, of course.

That is one of many reasons God often tells adults to be more like children.

<<It is a <snip> Lord and savior.>>

No. Some people reject Jesus, at first, but come to embrace Him. Jesus forgives such people for their intial rejection.

The only unforgivable sin is 'Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit'. That's a fancy way of saying you reject all that is Good and Holy.

<<With that said <snip> >> the irony here?

'Innocence" doesn't mean "worthless".

You seem want to think that a child's life being "innocent" somehow inexplicably means that a child's life is literally "worthless"; ie 'unfit to live'.

No, just the opposite, in fact. An innocent life is a life deserving of Life.

• 8 years ago

I suggest you read the divine comedy, children are born innocent, but any that have no concept of christ still don't go to heaven they go to purgatory, this is one reason I feel that I am atheist, because Christianity says that all can be forgive, except for those who are unable, thus this religion punishes the unable, whether they have sinned or not, oh and killing your children would still give you a pass in to hell, and as far as I remember those who repented in the divine comedy still went to hell to serve out their sins, but went to heaven after their punishment was done, at least some religions teach you to atone for your wrong-doings instead of saying sorry.

• 8 years ago

Yes they are still innocent but that doesn't mean we should kill them. Only God is the giver and taker of life.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Moi
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

because God put them here for a purpose

he is the God of the living - not the dead

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Everybody is born on their way to hell. No one is innocent. Read the bible.

• 8 years ago

yes they are innocent

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Nonsense - they are guilty of original sin like all of us !

• Anonymous
    8 years ago
  • A B
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.