What happens to the tenant when the owner of the house dies....?

...and the bank repossesses the house after the owner's death? How long before the tenant must move? My boyfriend's landlord has weeks, possibly months to live but the owner took out a reverse mortgage on the house. He doesn't have a relationship with his son so there are no plans to leave the house to... show more ...and the bank repossesses the house after the owner's death? How long before the tenant must move? My boyfriend's landlord has weeks, possibly months to live but the owner took out a reverse mortgage on the house. He doesn't have a relationship with his son so there are no plans to leave the house to the son. What should my boyfriend do to prepare for the owner's death (in terms of finding housing)? Does he have to vacate the property immediately or will the bank allow him to continue to pay rent?