Where to fish in Minocqua, WI?

Me and the wife are heading north to Minocqua next weekend for a extended weekend away, and we are looking for a good lake to fish? I just got a new 16' boat and I am ready to get it on the water.

So any suggestions would be great....then maybe a few pointers as well...Thanks!

Favorite Answer

The Minocqua area has 100's of lakes that are home to largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, walleye, northern pike and the King of freshwater; the Musky, both true and hybrid.

Saturday found me on the Minocqua Chain with Roger Forsberg and his son Steve. We had a good morning catching Pike, Bass, and Perch. Roger really set the standard when he caught a beautiful 15" Crappie.

I have been finding fish in weeds 4-10 feet deep using 1/16 oz. jigs tipped with redtail and blacktail chubs. Colors used were Firetiger, Green/yellow, and yellow/red no real preference was shown. That beautiful 15" crappie was caught on a 1/16 oz. jig tipper with a 4" chub. We also caught some Perch with the same combination. I spent time in the Lac Du Flamebeau are and on the Minocqua Chain.

Source(s): fishminocqua.com