promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
chrisarrow222 asked in SportsBaseball · 8 years ago

Fact or Fiction...Part 5?

1. Jason Giambi will be released or put on waivers at some point this season....

2. Andrew McCutcheon, among the hottest players in baseball, is a dark horse MVP candidate...

3. Red Sox..as of this minute, they are a serious contender for a Wild Card berth...

4. The Angels...they have one of the top rosters in baseball...even if they go to the post season as a Wild card, they are a threat to win the World Series...

5. Although some clubs don't name a captain, the unofficial captain of the Tigers is Prince Fielder..

6**Le Bron James will eventually become the All Time NBA, leading scorer...

**hope you forgive me, I couldn't resist...

Update:

MM...a pitcher who doesn't even sit on the bench everyday, has never ever assumed that role..in all baseball history..

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Nate D
    Lv 6
    8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Fiction- They're paying him less than 2 million and there are no lefties he's stealing ABs from.

2. Fiction- Even if the season ended today and they finished just behind Cincinnati, the reason it happened was because Joey Votto is far and away the MVP to proportions that are borderline hilarious.

3. FACT- Ellsbury, Crawford and Beckett will all be back in July, Gonzalez and Youkilis have been horrible but obviously won't stay that way, and despite all this they're only 3.5 out of the WC.

4. FACT- Wild Card would be a bad thing to use against them. Not only do they already have a great roster but they have a boatload of young trade bait they can use to bolster it even more.

5. Fiction- He's not going to go into there and lead a team that belongs to Verlander and Miggy. It's just not possible, even if they went out and got Derek Jeter.

6. Fiction- He's only halfway there. To do it he needs to average his total from this season for 12 years. That's 9 seasons on the wrong side of 30 to equal what he did in his championship season in his prime.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

Fact, the Rockies need a starting pitcher. From the last I heard, they're running on a 4 man rotation.

Fact, if the Bucs can at least stay in contention, McCutchen will be inconsideration.

Fact, once they get everyone healthy, and if they can get the old Crawford back, that would help them. They have too many talented players to stay down in the cellar.

Fact, good rotation and lineup

Fiction, I would say that's Verlander.

Fiction, I know nothing about the NBA, so I'll just guess here.

• 8 years ago

1. Fiction. The Rockies have nothing to gain by promoting a AAA starter to sit on the bench in Denver.

2. Fiction. The MVP almost never goes to a non-contender, and Kemp/Braun/Votto are worthy MVPs

3. Fact. Their run differential is excellent, and they're only 3 or so games back. Yes, they're viable.

4. Fact.

5. Fiction. Free agents don't just get that place in a clubhouse.

6. Fiction. He can't take over a game on a regular basis with Wade/Bosh on the team.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Fact

Fact

Fact

Fact

Fiction

Fiction I guess.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Fact

Fact

Fact (the division is within sight also)

Fact

Fiction

Fiction (this turd has no class)

• 8 years ago

1-True

2-True

3-True

4-True

5-False

6-False because he gets too many assists (not bad thing). He will finish top five.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.