Possible Rebound... How should I Respond?

I became interested in this guy at the end of the school year who was seemed very interested in me, but even though he asked my number he never texteed/called... and soon i see he has a girlfriend and it made sense. I wasnt hurt or anything or even upset. He definately was into me but i could understand/ respect his lack of contact if he was getting into a relationship. Also his girl friend was a girl many know as a user of nice guys when she is off with her on and off boyfriend so i knew it wouldnt last long and was hoping she just wouldnt ruin another sweet and nice guy. So... I was over it and had an "oh well" attitude.that is the background...

3 weeks or so later (yesterday) facebook says they broke up and he follows it with this status "Well, my life more or less fell apart today, but at least I get to pick up the pieces and make something better of it."... i cant lie i kinda was a little happy but hoped she didnt hurt him too bad. Then today i get a text saying "Hey its [blank blank], I dont think i ever texted you after getting your number again haha" ( the again is because he messed my number up the first time and had asked me for it again)

1. Am i his rebound?

2. Should i go for it being that i still am interested

3. How should i respond? ( a little sarcastic or sweet and act like i didnt notice?)

Yes you're the rebound...

by what he said in his facebook it seems like he's really hurt so it wouldn't surprise me that he will go back with her anytime and he's probably trying to kill sometime with you... I wouldn't go for it maybe until they've been broke up a few months or something you need to KNOW you're not the rebound... at this point you definitely are...

You're not his rebound. Before he went out with that girl he had 2 choices, you and her. Maybe he seen something in her that he didn't see in you and decided to go for her, but once she messed up he realized he should've been with you the whole time. You should go for it.

Source(s): life.

Don't seek for men.Let the real man seek for you.And when both of you agree,you will enjoy the relationship.

I would not be his 2nd best .....if you go for this thats what you will be