Is there any proof that a firmament existed or didnt around the earth like it says in the bible.?

me and my mom are having a debate on whether the firmament in the bible is even scientifically proven. is there any evidence that contradicts this assertion. like geological evidence or something. and she claims that the firmament of water around the earth created a green house effect which caused the plant not to... show more me and my mom are having a debate on whether the firmament in the bible is even scientifically proven. is there any evidence that contradicts this assertion. like geological evidence or something. and she claims that the firmament of water around the earth created a green house effect which caused the plant not to need any rain because the water underground and the mist was enough to water the earth. is there any thing that would disprove this ridiculous claim?