what is the story behind the legend of zelda Wind Waker?

I love the game but do not quite understand the story? is your character a reincarnation?

• R
    Best Answer

You aren't a reincarnation, you are a descendent from the Hylians in Ocarina of Time. You are a part of the Adult Timeline. If you don't know about the timeline here's a rundown. After the game is beaten, in the Child timeline Hyrule doesn't need to be saved because Ganondorf is dead and so never got to the Sacred Realm. In the Adult timeline Ganondorf got to the Sacred Realm, ruined Hyrule, and got killed by Link. Hyrule is saved, but it is pretty messed up. Then hundreds of years later it is even more messed up in Windwaker since everything is flooded. The intro explains what happens right before the game starts and I think your Grandmother does mention that the islanders are descended from the Hylians. As a side note: Phanton Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, The Legend of Zelda, and The Adventure of Link are all in the Adult Timeline. Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask are part of the Child Timeline. Skyward Sword is a prequel to Ocarina of Time and so is not in either timeline since it happened before the split.

Source(s): Just general knowledge that I have, my own brain.
  • Quinn

The official in-game stance is that each Link is a reincarnation of the Spirit of the Hero. Each Link is born with a Triforce birthmark on the back of his wrist because the first Link earned the Triforce and recognition from the gods and the Master Sword. Each Link is reborn in different eras as a new incarnation, unless his story is continued

(Ocarina of Time->Majora's Mask

A Link to the Past->Oracles->Link's Awakening, for example)

Only the Princess Zeldas are descended by blood.

Everyone is free to believe what they like, but Skyward Sword put an end to the fan-speculation once and for all by addressing this issue

Source(s): Nintendo

Okay, it starts with your sister's kidnapping. (when did Link get a sister?) That is the personal tie that Link suffers in the game, and other influences lead him to the big picture, Ganon. After Link recovers his sister from Ganon, the Red Lion King tells him that he's been summoned by the goddesses as a hero. Therefore, Link MUST go and destroy Ganon.

It's just like every other game. The protagonist gets twisted into a plot while doing something simple.

Source(s): I have also played Wind Waker through about 3 times.

I haven't gotten very far in the game, but i can tell you:

You sister gets kidnapped. At the end of the game you get to rescue her.

And the reason it's called the windwaker is you use a conducting stick (i don't know what it's called) instead of an ocarina. You play as a younger, cartoon link. Around 8-13 years of age.

I hope I helped?