Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 9 years ago

if you have someones password (that they gave you) and look at their email is that illegal?

my ex used to solicit sex from random people on craigslist and POF. i found out and flipped out. i insisted he give me his password to his account...a month later we break off our engagement...but his password is still saved on my email "login" page...so one day i looked and what i found shocked the hell out of me. now i am worried i have hiv from what i found...but i am curious...is it illegal to look at someone's email, even if they gave you the password a few months earlier?

yes...i know i did a bad thing...i shouldn't have done it, but at the same time now i KNOW i need an HIV test for sure

i don't really feel bad because he was trying to find someone off craigslist that would do ME and let him watch! off CRAIGSLIST!

Favorite Answer

IF they gave you the password, no, not illegal. Immoral...

not 100% sure but i think it is legal but just frowned upon. since he gave it to you the you should be fine. if was you i would just resist the urge to go on his account this way you cant get in trouble because you wont be doing anything

Shhhh! Don't tell anyone!