Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 8 years ago

How do I stop subscription @ $1.99 to http://downloadprovider.net?

I signed with them and I want to stop.

Favorite Answer

i second auroch, if you can't cooperation any other way.

also, you can have your cc company limit the payment schedule so it is only payable on a specific day, to a specific amount, etc., in addition to blocking the transaction from your end.

sometimes these shysters will try and shift the amount by ba couple of pennies, or push it through the day before or the day after, once they learn you've blocked the transaction.

i realize cancelling the account is a royal pain, but not as much as $24/year. no one cares about your money as much as you do (or should).

If they're charging your credit card, their phone number will be on your credit card bill. Call them and cancel and get a cancellation number. Sometimes they won't answer their telephone because they're a scam - they just want to keep charging you. And in that case once I canceled the credit card rather than keep paying these frauds.