T-Bone
T-Bone asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

If a Blonde haired, Blue eyed White person can be Native American, Why can't they be a African American?

Or Hispanic, or Asian .......Can Elizibeth Warren answer this.....

Favorite Answer

Hold on there.... they can, depending on the leftist preference they are trying to exploit. Trust me if a university is looking for a "person of color", a race pimp like Lizzy Warren will find a way to make herself black. It's no more difficult to spin bullshit like "My great, great, great, great granny was black" than it is to be a fake Cherokee.

You can, many South Africans are White. People just claim African American means Black. These people are uneducated and mistake continents of origin for race. I've even seen them label some Blacks as African American when they weren't either. If you are White, and born in South Africa. Then move to the U.S. and become an American citizen you are far more of an African America than most people that take that title. There is a reason why they refer to White people as White/Caucasian as opposed to European American. If you go to Africa they usually refer themselves by their nationality. Many Black Africans are not alike (hence why war and genocide). African American has become a term used by Black Americans who want to claim their African heritage, but know nothing about it. In reality, all humans originated from Africa 60,000 years ago. Research National Geographic - The Genographic Project

Source(s): I actually paid attention in school
  • paul s

African Americans now withdraw the blackness of African American Republicans because of their beliefs. I knew a white man from South Africa who called himself as African American. I have also been harshly corrected when I called a Nigerian American an African American. Apparently if someone knows where they are from they claim it. African American is a term reserved for people who come from slaves who do not know their nation of origin.

I know a blonde haired, blue eyed person that was born in South Africa so we always refer to him as an African American

I personally know a tribal citizen of the Cherokee Nation, but you wouldn't be able to recognize it (but this person doesn't want people to connect him to tribal citizenship because of all the questions that would be asked of him concerning how so-and-so's great-grandmother is supposedly Cherokee). Tribal citizenship isn't based off looks, but on tribal citizenship requirements (which are different depending on the tribe). In terms of blood quantum, I seen the following requirements: 5/8th (among the Ute; equivalent to 5 great-grandparents), 1/2th (equivalent to one parent), 1/4th (equivalent to one grandparent), 1/8th (equivalent to one great-grandparent), 1/16th (equivalent to one great-great-grandparent), 1/32nd (among the Kaw Nation; equivalent to one great-great-great-grandparent) and lineal descent (your parent is a tribal citizen, no blood quantum requirement).

White Hispanic is a legal term, so a white person could be Hispanics (and most Hispanics in the U.S. are White Hispanic).

According to the U.S. Census:

An Asian person is a person having origins in any of the original peoples of the Far East, Southeast Asia, or the Indian subcontinent including, for example, Cambodia, China, India, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Pakistan, the Philippine Islands, Thailand, and Vietnam. A White person is a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. It is possible to be both.

See, you tried to be cute in making this comparison with Elizabeth Warren, but you ignored the real issue in the process, and you showed your racism to the world.

They can.

The definition of Native American in the US consists entirely of being a member of a tribe and every tribe has their own standards. Some are as low as 1/8.

Historically, you were black if there was one drop of African in you.

I have a white friend from South Africa who is an African American.

Elizabeth Warren is an absolute fool!

They can be africans . I seen white people who are from africa . Look it up in your history books bro . But im sure about the native americans .

She's like Global Whatevering, Occupy Whatever Street, so her "heritage" is whatever it takes to placate the crowd she's yapping at.

I mean she's "evolving" into whatever she needs to be at that time & in that place, for however long it takes.

Let that be a "teachable moment" for you.

She's "created or saved" her roots, on the spot.

There's no "hope" liberals will ever "change".

Ever meet those kind of people who really suck? No matter what you do or say, they're compelled to tell obvious lies just so they can top you? Yah, she's one of them.

Then when caught in their self-spun web-of-lies, they invoke Presidential Privilege.

• Salish

The legal definition of a Native American is a person who is an enrolled member of a federally recognized tribe. A federally recognized tribe is a group of people with common ancestry and lineage that pre-dates the American Government who have signed peace negotiations with the federal government and are therefore recognized as sovereign nations within the boundaries of the U.S. territories. Federally recognized Native American tribes have their own systems of government, their own social services, their own police forces and their own education systems. The function like small countries or states, though within the 50 united states, while being separate and distinct.

To be a member of one of these tribes, you have to meet the citizenship requirements. Every nation has its own citizenship requirements for enrollment. Here are the citizenship requirements to become an American Citizen http://www.american-citizenship.org/. Here are the requirements to become a Canadian Citizen http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become.as... Here is information on becomming a citizen of Ireland http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_countr...

As you can see, citizenship requirements are in place for every nation. Including native american ones.

Here are the citizenship requirements for the Navajo nation http://www.navajo-nsn.gov/contact.htm

And the East Band Cherokee Nation http://nc-cherokee.com/.

So, though many tribes require a certain amount of minimal Blood Quantum (for my tribe, it's 1/8th if your mother or father is an enrolled citizen of Suquamish, 1/4th if they are not) it does not mean we base our enrollment off "looks". We are more concerned about FAMILIAL connection. A tribe literally is a large cluster of people who descend from a very particular ancestral group. We don't care so much about how MANY of your ancestors come from your tribal family, we are more concerned with how close you keep to the ways of the tribe and how involved you are with your tribal family. I am mixed, my grandmothers are non-native. My childrens' father is African, from Senegal/Gambia. Our "looks" make NO difference in our eligibility for recognition as being descended from our tribal nation.

So, that is why some people who have mixed ancestry can not fit the STEREOTYPE of what a Native American "looks" like, but still be eligible for citizenship in a tribal nation. (need more examples? Shakira is blond and blue eyed, but still Bolivian. Collin Farrel is dark-complected, but still Irish)

Now, unless a white person is born in an African country, they cannot claim to be African American. My co-worker is South African. He also has distant Zulu ancestry (Which is RARELY owned up to in most South African white families, even though there is plenty of genetic evidence proving that many South African 'whites' have black ancestry) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1093674/...

Source(s): Elizabeth Warren is NOT native. She simply bought into the common American Myth that there are Native Americans in her family tree. But it is entirely possible for white-looking people to be citizens of Tribal nations.

My ex girlfriend was blond blued eyed and African. South Africa.