iPad educational game for a toddler. Any ideas?

I'm looking for an educational game (iPad) for my little brother. Doesn't matter if it's paid or free. Any ideas? Please give a short description for your game.

Thanks in advance!

Favorite Answer

I personally think toddlers need VERY limited screen time, iPad included. That said, I use iPads in my work with kids and here are the apps that I like best for toddlers/preschoolers:

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Duck Duck Moose games (The Wheels on the Bus, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and the newer one, Trucks)

Toddler Alphabet

Elmo's Monster Maker

Elmo's phone... not sure what it's called though

Balloonimals

Thomas the Train apps

Bubbles

Talking Baby Hippo

Talking Dragon

and more... just can't think of them now. Again, though, toddlers should have very limited time with an iPad.

I accept as true with Leslie to a point. There are a ways too many kids that rely on electronics to maintain them occupied, this includes tv and video games. My grandkids have the Apple family through their side, the iTouch, the iPhone, and the iPad, and even the Mac Whitebook. In our house, games and such are restricted and more of an extension of their hobbies. For my three, i do not see science harming them. If anything, they have got benefitted from using technology. However on the opposite, i've noticeable a ways too many kids so hooked on the media that they have no clue find out how to engage. And adults now have problems too. My DIL has a pal that does not make or take individual cell calls, simply sends out text messages.

What are the child interests? There are many different games for boys and girls out there on the market at the moment. My niece likes Barbies and their is a Barbie game where she changes her clothes, this gets my niece to develop he own likes and dislikes which is orientated around her interest of Barbie. She also has an interactive alphabet where she has learnt letter recognition from.

Errrrm, I think that using an ipad actually helps children's learning and development. The ipad in general helps to engage the child in an activity which builds up their concentration span, helps them to build up all of the little muscles in their hands and fingers which is a big focus to early years workers and in the long run is great for holding pencils and helping with their drawing, writing and hand pincer skills (fine motor skills).

By using the apps themselves they help the child to develop intellectually and by using keypads or buttons it also helps their hand eye co-ordination.

So I say that ipads can are good for children's learning and development and I really could go on and on here about the good parts however everything has it's downsides.

Source(s): Experiences with my niece and I am an Early years professional.
  • Bobbi

Fisher Price has great free apps, also educational. Bigfoot is fun. (it's the Bigfoot toy you see in the store with cool interactive video and game).

EDIT Playskool Alphie is great too.

technologies for little kids especially toddler...NO WAY! I am not even gonna let anyone (little kids) to play with it, even touching it.

it's too young. they dont understand siht. they will just ruin your belogings.

Just give them toys...its already enough.

Source(s): DISLIKE LITTLE KIDS