1. How many cubed pieces of fudge that are 3 inches on an edge can be packed into a Christmas tin that is 9 inches deep by 12 inches wide by 8 inches high with the lid still being able to be closed?
2. Sarah is twice as old as her youngest brother. If the difference between their ages is 15 years. How old is her youngest brother?
3.In a writing competition, the first place winner receives ½ of the prize money. The second runner up receives ¼ of what the winner won. What was the total amount of prize money distributed (公佈)if the winner receives $6,000?
1. The answer should be 24 , but I don't know why??
I agree this answer "只能疊兩層 3x4x2=24 "
Thank you so much !!
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
Each cube of fudge measures 3 by 3 by 3,
so it's volume is :
3*3*3=27 (cubic inches )
Then divide the tin's cubic inches by the fudge's cubic inches
to see how many pieces can fit:
9*12*8=864(tin's cubic inches)
if Sarah=S, brother=B
=>2B-B=15, B=15, S=30
Answer: Sarah's youngest brother is 15 years old
the winner gets half of the total prize money and the winner gets $6,000.
So the total prize money must be twice the $6,000
which is $12,000.
Answer: total prize money is 12000Source(s): Myself
- uncle seanLv 79 years ago
- 9 years ago
In Sharon's response, I don't agree with first answer.
You can't cut the cubed fudges to fill the entire box. Therefore, the
solution should be:
length: 12 / 3 = 4
width: 8 / 3 = 2 ... 2 (take the whole number 2)
height: 9 / 3 = 3
total number = 4 * 2 * 3 = 24