asked in 社會與文化語言 · 8 years ago

新聞英文的問題 想請教

The Emergency Operation Center of Taipei has already began to implement third level precautions to raise the warning level should the crisis intensify.

原文取自 民視 英語新聞

句中的should~文法結構是??^^"

請各位高手替小弟解惑~謝謝

Rating
    Best Answer

The Emergency Operation Center of Taipei has already begun to implement third level precautions to raise the warning level should the crisis intensify.這句的should是典型的倒裝句= The Emergency Operation Center of Taipei has already begun to implement third level precautions to raise the warning level if the crisis should intensify.用倒裝句表示非真實條件 如果條件副詞子句的動詞中含有were, had, should, 可以省略連接詞if,把were, had, should,放在主語前構成倒裝。條件副詞子句若為否定形式,倒裝時要把not放在主語的後面,不能用縮寫形式而把not一起放到主語之前。Should it be the end of the world, what would you do?假若世界末日到了,你會怎麼辦?Were it not for your help, I would be flunked.要不是你幫忙,我會被當掉。Had I not brought some food and water with me that day, I could have been dead.如果那天我沒帶點食物與水的話,我可能沒命了。

2012-06-21 11:55:23 補充:

should 用在條件語句,表示語氣較強的假設,譯作“萬一”,這時將should 置於句首,即將should 放在主語前面,而省略從屬連詞if .e.g:

If the crisis should intensify,the Emergency Operation Center of Taipei will implement third level precautions to raise the warning level .

2012-06-21 12:26:40 補充:

這種寫作,文法是有瑕疵的,很值得再檢討!

2012-06-21 13:51:42 補充:

Thank you M.K.

The orinignal sentence is not quite well written,isn't it?

2012-06-21 13:53:04 補充:

The ORIGINAL sentence is not quite well written,isn't it?

2012-06-22 08:57:08 補充:

The Emergency Operation Center of Taipei has already begun to implement third level precautions to raise the warning level lest the crisis intensify.

改如上才不會有問題!

lest=>for fear that

2012-06-22 08:58:59 補充:

Correction: lest the crisis intensifies

Source(s): Geoffrey

What Master Kevin said makes sense and I really hav eno idea what it is called.

2012-06-21 12:04:22 補充:

Well, I did not make if "if the crisis should..." for the reason that it may NOT be that "unexpected" at all. On he countrary, it may be happening right now.

• Kevin

Master prisoner,

I would suggest explaining this way:

... should the crisis intensify. = if the crisis should intensify.

Or people might get confused why the crisis "intensify" rather than "intensifies."

My 2 cents.

2012-06-21 10:49:51 補充:

Here in Taiwan, it's called an inversion.

2012-06-21 12:19:18 補充:

Well done, Master Geoffrey, thorough and clear.

2012-06-21 16:48:00 補充:

Yeah, redundant, I would say.

Geez! No wonder English is so difficult, one word has so many meanings at different situation !!!

should在此:萬一,一旦。