Opinions about black iron sights on a tan AR?

I've had a scope on my m&p15 because I usually use it for coyote hunting. A whole back I painted it all tan. I love the way the rifle looks tan so I'd like to leave it, but I've decided to pull off the glass and put irons on it. It's the Optics Ready submodel so both the reciever and gas block are flat tops. I was gonna buy a fixed front sight and I'm thinking of buying the magpul MBUS for the rear.

So, would black irons look weird on an all tan rifle? I'm hesitant to buy the tan colored sights, as I may want to strip the paint from the rifle in the future, or use the sights on a different rifle. So I feel like black on tan is gonna be the best bet.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

-J

Also, does any one Have any suggestions on which irons I should get? I'm thinking I'll go with a fixed sight up front, and a flip up in the back.

@ hd rider .. That isn't even remotely close to what I fu€king asked you, is it you god damn tool?

Best Answer

Well its a rifle ,not a prom dress. It does not need to match,You need to be able to shoot well with it

. ..>> EDIT>> "So, would black irons look weird on an all tan rifle?" -- ---" So I feel like black on tan is gonna be the best bet."

What do you guys think?

LOL have fun playing dress up fruit loop !

You want a sight that is easy to use and can be seen black on tan is nice the fixed in the front and flip in the back style is what the military uses

Black is one of those colors that goes with everything and I don't think it will look weird at all. I have some magpul MBUS sights on my bushmaster ar15 and I like them a lot, maybe even more than the $100 more troy industries sights that came on my ruger sr556. I plan on getting another set of MBUS sights for my ak47 and doing away with the standard factory sights.

Black and tan actually contrast rather well. It could work and the accenting may look good. I have tan furniture and accesories on a black body and it came out rather well.