SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME. What is YOLO?

I know what it is, im not stupid but I just dont understand it!! Can someone explain to me who lives life with "you only live once" and explain why it makes sense to do stupid stuff because you only live once?? Doesnt it mean to live life to the fullest.... not do drugs or something......?

• Favorite Answer

It's an "excuse" to try dumb activities, since "you only live once".

Yes it means live life to the fullest. But people use that as an excuse to do drugs and such. What it really means is you only have one life so live it like you only have one life. Don't waste it on some dumb poop. How other stupid people are using it is that their saying you need to take risks since it's only one life and you need to try everything(which they mean drugs and sex and etc.) I think the smarter YOLO is way better than the dumb YOLO.c;

Well,some people take it different ways. Some people use it as an excuse to do stupid things, because You Only Live Once.

Others choose to tone that down a little and really think about it. Some use "YOLO" as a don't think twice type of thing. So, basically, if you've always wanted to go skydiving but have always been scared to death, it basically means you are going to suck it up and do it. You aren't going to back out anymore, and you are going to do what you want because You Only Live Once.

YOLO Basically means to live life up because you only have one chance to live it......some people take YOLO In a positive way by doing good things that they have always wanted to do that will also help society like for example volunteer at an animal shelter in your area or something along those lines... but other people take it negatively and think YOLO Is a cool slang phrase that means do watever u want because u only gonna do it once like lets say smoke weed and get high for days or ddrinkk till you cant drink anymoree.....depends on your point of view on how u take yolo and what it means to you...hope this helped lol good luck

It's just a stupid term from a Drake song called The Motto.

Yeah, it basically means live life to the fullest. People use it as an excuse to do sh*t now, like: "Ya man, f*cked three girls last night. YOLO."

I think its so incredibly over-used, though.

It's to the point where girls post photos on Facebook of themselves and the caption is "Yolo!" I'm like, k, that's enough now. :L

Some people think of it in different ways. YOLO was meant for people to live life to its fullest and explore new areas of interest and to try new things. Sadly.... some people twist the definition around and make it into a dirty thing >.<

I guess drug users and alcoholics use it. They say YOLO , & it makes them feel better. Like they can smoke n drink and be stupid. because they only live once.

It's an excuse to do dumb things. I'll usually use it as sarcasm for something that is said. For example, I heard someone sarcastically say "I won't wear sunscreen. I'll just get skin cancer and die," so I said "Yolo!" to be funny.

YOLO: You obviously lack originality.

My sister uses it as an excuse to be an idiot.

Yeah, you're right. It means you only have one life so live life to the fullest and don't let any moment escape. I was confused at first, too. :)