Can we make Electricity with our fireplace?

I saw this question before and would have liked to answer it but it was closed. Everyone said you can not because the heat is lost or for what ever reason but they all seemed to focus on using the smoke that is rushing out. not the actual Heat itself. One could have a set up that utilizes HEAT to make power this... show more I saw this question before and would have liked to answer it but it was closed. Everyone said you can not because the heat is lost or for what ever reason but they all seemed to focus on using the smoke that is rushing out. not the actual Heat itself. One could have a set up that utilizes HEAT to make power this way you will get as much energy as possible out of your fireplace. You would need a system of cold water, running pipes through the stove to heat the water creating expansion which turns a steam motor, Turning an alternator which charges a battery. Maybe a power inverter to amp the power and get even more power out of it. But if you have to burn wood this gets more out of the burning than just heat. You can use this heat to produce power and it does not make it heat your home any less or requier any more wood.

Now my QUESTION is does ANYBODY know of a system that you can purchase for this? I would be pretty sure that this kind of system added to solar panels and a good plan to eliminate or lower your power bill. Id think burning wood might be economical for some and for those who need to rely on wood, well they could use as much as possible so why not add power that is otherwise being thrown away?

If you plan correctly MOST power upgrades will not only turn out free but profit. You get Tax breaks but if you consider that you will end up paying all this cash in power bills at some point in time. than spending money on eliminating this bill ends up saving thousands per YEAR!! All profit!!

That being said if someone is not building such a device than some one needs to design one because while we use this heat to heat our bodies we could be making power with it to power our TV sets!! ; )
10 answers 10