Underrated actors/actresses?

Update: I think Chris Evans is underrated. He hasn’t been in anything super great that shows off his ability to do anything other than be the cute, funny guy in a rom-com or cute action hero in some action flicks (*I haven’t seen The Avengers which is apparently a great movie). But in things like The Losers…I think he did... show more I think Chris Evans is underrated. He hasn’t been in anything super great that shows off his ability to do anything other than be the cute, funny guy in a rom-com or cute action hero in some action flicks (*I haven’t seen The Avengers which is apparently a great movie).
But in things like The Losers…I think he did a great job and was funny and clever with great comedic timing (also in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World --- both not so good movies overall).
I just get the feeling that he’s better than what he’s done/been doing.

I felt the same way about Hugh Jackman until I saw The Prestige, and then I was thankful that he was in something really great.
Update 2: Interesting lineup down there.... People like Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman don't count, IMO, though....they aren't underrated (they maybe should have been nominated/won won some more awards than they have....but that doesn't mean that people don't acknowlege their acting ability). Same with... show more Interesting lineup down there....
People like Alan Rickman and Gary Oldman don't count, IMO, though....they aren't underrated (they maybe should have been nominated/won won some more awards than they have....but that doesn't mean that people don't acknowlege their acting ability). Same with Cillian Murphy -- just b/c he hasn't been in many major films doens't mean that everyone and their mother doesn't know he's an amazing actor.

Thanks for the list though, guys! Keep 'em coming.