Will these computer parts go together?

Hi, im building a gaming PC for the first time cause pre built PC are just too expensive, but just before purchasing the items i wanted to make sure that these parts will go together or not, so plz help: )

Intel i7-3770k processor

Asus Asus P8Z77-V DELUXE motherboard

8GB Corsair vengeance ram (blue)

gtx 680 gpu not sure which (ASUS GeForce GTX 680-2GD5, Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 or EVGA GTX 680)

Will put a black wd hdd and maybe a 64 gigs ssd, with a 750 PSU.

How does it sound?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

I'll explain to you how to understand whether they will or not:

Basically, you want to make sure that the socket type of the CPU with match the socket type to the selected motherboard (For instance, a AM3+ CPU based socket will fit in a AM3+ specified motherboard) With you motherboard it supports the Intel 1155 socket type which is compatible with the 3rd, and 2nd generation Intel Core "i" series so i3, i5, i7. To answer your question your motherboard and CPU are compatible.

Your RAM is certainly compatible as to is the GPU

Make sure you remember to purchase a PSU to power all of this hardware. You will want something like a 700W minimum based power supple, in fact that will do the trick just fine. If you want to have that reassuringly feeling then get a 750W.

But yeah, your PC will fit together well.

Source(s): Cert II, Cert III Network and Administration and Hardware +
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

sounds good. One thing, when you say 'Nvidia Geforce GTX 680",, all GTX 680 gpu's are made by Nvidia. Nvidia makes geforce. you can't easily get a reference gtx 680 (one made by geforce themselves http://benchmarkreviews.com/images/reviews/video_c...

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

All these parts work and are extremely good. And you even got a board with pci 3.0 well done not many people do that

• Rish
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

yes absolutely, but it wont be cheap though ! :P esp. the GTX680, but why dont you just save up for the GTX 690 instead ?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Just perfect.

Enjoy gaming :)

• 8 years ago

perfect for gaming. All compatible.

• Monita
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Sure looks like it

• 8 years ago

yeah they are perfect

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.