Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 years ago

what do i do ...... i need help?

i had another fight with my parents yesterday, whilst i was at home sick as a dog. they want to throw me out so i have a suit case in my room full of all my clothes. but the thing isim just so confused with everything that is going on at the moment, like with school wanting to expell me just for not finishing 2 tasks in a cert 3 class which all i have to do is redo the ones i got wrong and also now the school thinks i stole books from the teacher. which is a load of bull cause im not that kind of person. then yesterday i told my parents that my girlfriend and i are still going out and they didnt really like that because they think she is a bad influence.

some one please help i dont know what to do. i dont want to let my parents win by braking up with my girlfriend cause i do truley love her and the thought of not being with her anymore just breaks me into peices. and i want to be with her for the rest of my life hopefully

if anyone has an answer what ever it maybe there is no wrong answer pleasse guys i just need your help

Favorite Answer

You need to talk to your parents doing the following:

Speaking calmly (no yelling or screaming, or name-calling. NONE.)

Expressing yourself with specifics and tell them how you feel about her.

Listen to your parents and acknowledge that they have a right to be upset with you for getting threatened with expulsion, because they do. Also, they have a right to be angry about the books, even if you didn't steal them, because they don't know that and are confused with all the other stuff going on.

Another thing:

Have your girlfriend and if you can, her parents as well to talk to you and your parents. Have your girlfriend follow the same manner and let your parents explain why they think she is a bad influence. Try to talk it out with them..

But whatever you do, don't let your relationship with your gf tear your relationship with your parents apart. It is not worth it. You are in love, so it is hard to see, but your parents can see better than you can. Your education and family is not second. It is not a matter of "winning." It is a matter of them feeling like they can trust you. Show them how mature and trustworthy you are by acting in the manner I described. If that doesn't help, go see a therapist. Good luck:)

You decide. If your parents think she is a bad influence, they are probably right. If you think she is not, tell your parents why she is not. It is just a choice between staying with your parents or your girl friend. You probably won't have a job (no offends intented) to support yourself alone. What made you decide to tell your parents in the first place when you knew they wouldn't like it? There has to be a reason. Think about it. What things about your girl friend does your parents think is bad? If you were mature enough how much influence could she have on you? Final advice: Talk to your girl friend about what your parents think is bad about her. If she truly likes you... she will promise to change.

be a ******* man. stand up for yourself and do what you know is right. it'll all work out how it's supposed to. tell them that it isn't their right to control your love life, and the school needs to know the truth too. bust your *** to get the school work done to get rid of the simplest problem first. then girlfriend, maybe you two could move in together. both have jobs, both pay fairly and live within your means. do what you feel is right and it'll all work out how it's supposed to. cliche but effective.

Hello if u promised her parent customary u shuld talk to them only if u liked her soo much nut cuz ur terrified of this marine dude cuz to start with if u promised, promised is really anything shuld mean to them alot. U shouldnt b promising four crap if u nut sayin the reality. This may occasionally make it worse in ur existence so its higher to assert the reality than maintaining to ur self secret. I noe its scary tat her dad is marine however still. Or the issues start to pile up.

be quiet about the girl friend as much as possible don't lie but don't ne to forth right. the other thing is it iwll get better time goes by fast and you soon will be free.

Talk to them

Pray. I'll pray for you too.