Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

What kind of music is this?

Alright, so I know it's a form of rock, and pardon me if i sound really ridiculous. What kind of music is the rock where they first started using electronics like keyboards, and electric guitars to make really cool, different sounds. I want to give you good examples, but I can not think off the top of my head. I guess Safety Dance by Men Without Hats, Under Pressure by Queen, Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley. I don't know if I'm explaining this right, but just basically when they started changing the way rock music was adding a lot more technology to make different beats and sounds. Mostly in the Eighties!

Favorite Answer

New Wave/Synth Pop is the name of the genre.

Link:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wave_music

You mean like The Smiths? Like, 80's Alternative Rock?

Truly, its not really a different genre of music. It could be considered alternative, but really it was just a stepping stone that reformed the way that rock, and other music, was composed.