Billy
Billy asked in SportsFantasy Sports · 8 years ago

Will Michael Vick turn things around this year?

I drafted him as the 2nd pick in the 3rd round. I believe he will do good this year, and I know he wouldn't be there at the bottom of the 4th rd.

Was this a good pick, getting him so early? Or one that will come back to haunt me this year?

10 man league

• Kido
    Favorite Answer

As long as he doesn't get injured, there's no way I can see Vick doing worse than last year. He still has a magnificent offense around him this season and will have more time to coordinate with them. Such guys like Maclin, Jackson, and occasionally McCoy.

It's tough to judge this early pick since Vick is also a rushing QB and will give a bunch of points with his rushing. Health would be a concern for me which is why I would maybe turn to Romo and Eli who comes in the later rounds or even RG3 who comes more later and can produce stats almost as good as Vick would do. I'd say good pick though, for now.

I only have one team so far since I usually join leagues 1-3 weeks before season starts to avoid injured players. The QB I pick was Brees, but that's because I was placed as #8 pick on Yahoo!.

Well, without knowing how big the league is, I don't know if you took him at 18 overall or 49. But I'm avoiding him this year, simply because he'll be gone before I'd be ready to pick him. I think he's one of a large group of 3rd level QBs (my top level is just Rodgers) and it will be easy to find matchup QBs in middle rounds to equal or better his point total.

I would not have drafted him that high (or at all). He makes bad decisions with the ball and is constantly injured.