Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesLas Vegas · 8 years ago

What casino's in Las Vegas are considered mid range?

I heard it's easy to get comps if you gamble at mid roller casino's. Is The Mirage considered a mid roller casino?

I'm more into slot then tables and i meant rooms and food.

Best Answer

It's at the high end of the mid range (or the low end of the high range) but they still consider themselves a high-end destination. Mid-range casinos on the strip would be more like Harrah's, Flamingo, Bally's, Luxor and Monte Carlo.

I've posted a link to a forum on Trip Advisor, where people are saying that the Mirage is tighter than other MGM properties like Mandalay Bay and Aria. One person says Mirage won't even consider discretionary comps (i.e., giving comps outside the corporate MLife program) for less than $150/hand.

• Rowan

Mirage is an extremely popular casino and resort and that's why, though they are relatively mid-range in terms of resort (with a first class pool, though, the best in Vegas!!), they are not as cheap as other mid-range casinos and resorts. Their casino is great fun, though, and you do get comped really well by them. Less so by the cheap Excalibur, which I would avoid playing at these days (few comps for what you gamble). Venetian used to comp well if you spend all night recycling your money, but I did not check it last time I was there.

Downtown Casinos give you the best for your buck in terms of gambling and comps, of course. MGM resorts in general have become much 'tighter' these days, I hear.

Source(s): top-buffet.com/ get-comped-room-in-Las-Vegas.html
  • MS

Mirage would probably be considered more of a mid-range casino. Upper mid-range, but more in the middle. However, you have to gamble thousands even there before you will be comped a room. You might get a buffet pass after several hundred...maybe...

For the best location, stay somewhere between Venetian and Paris. That puts you within easy walking distance of most things, and in a really busy area with a lot going on. My very favorite hotel is Caesars Palace, which is next to Bellagio. It is a beautiful and classy resort, in a great location. The rooms are nice and spacious, the pool area is fantastic, and there is great shopping, dining, and entertainment in and around the resort. It's not a cheap hotel, but it's not as pricey as many other fairly comparable hotels. I also like Venetian/Palazzo a lot. The rooms there are all suites, and are beautiful. The location is good, the pool area is nice, and there is a lot of dining, shopping, and entertainment there as well. The options that you're considering are good ones as well. Bellagio is beautiful and classy. I find it a bit stuffy and snotty for my taste, but that's just a function of the high class offered there. If you don't stay there, be sure to check out the fountains and conservatory! Monte Carlo is very nice and laid back. The location is good, the rooms are nice (although a bit on the smaller side), and the pool area is really nice. They have a great brewery there! You'll also find good rates and nice service at Mirage or Paris. They aren't quite up to the standards of Caesars, Venetian/Palazzo, or Bellagio, but they are nice places with good amenities.

Luxor, NYNY, MGM Grand, Planet Hollywood, Mirage, Treasure Island, Paris, Monte Carlo, Rio, Palms, Hard Rock, Flamingo, Harrah's -------- midrange.

Tropicana, Excalibur, Circus Circus, Stratosphere, Imperial Palace, Riviera, Casino Royale, Bill's Gamblin' Hall (formerly Barbary Coast), Bally's, Gold Coast, Orleans, Palace Station, all the Fremont Street area hotels except for Golden Nugget --------- budget

Wynn/Encore, Venetian/Palazzo, Bellagio, Trump, Caesars Palace, Aria, Mandarin Oriental, Vdara, Mandalay Bay/THEhotel, Cosmopolitan, Golden Nugget -------- upscale

Echelon and Fontainebleau will also be upscale, if they ever open.

Comps for what, not rooms, and you would have to gamble several thousand and earn lots of points to get a comp for a show or meal